Demand for Proposals 2020
Ladies, Arts & Equitable Social Change
Deadline to utilize: Friday, March 13, 2020, 5 pm EST
The Asian Women Giving Circle (AWGC) believes tradition can play a crucial part in any technique for social change. We help Asian United states feminine artists and organizations that are women-led NYC which are utilizing arts and tradition to:
- Bring transformation that is about social prioritizes equity
- Raise awareness and catalyze action around critical problems that affect Asian women that are american girls and families, and
- Highlight and improve women’s role that is central leaders, creators, designers and supervisors of the tasks.
In this cycle that is grant we anticipate awarding specific grants to 5-8 projects, contingent on available financing. The utmost grant quantity is $15,000. For a description of previous task grants, be sure to go to our web site: www. Asianwomengivingcircle.org
PLEASE BE AWARE: Starting this 12 months and continue, AWGC highly encourages person artists to utilize. We’re doubling down on our dedication to support bold and scandinavian bride innovate vision that is artistic all procedures, especially in music, party, drama, literary, performance, visual and interdisciplinary arts.
Established in 2005, the AWGC is a collaboration of Asian American ladies in new york that are passionate about amplifying the transformative power of arts and tradition to bring change that is about progressive. We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool our resources to fund jobs led by Asian US women who use their imagination to maneuver hearts, minds and communities become free from fear, bias and injustice.
Whom Our Company Is
Launched in 2005, the AWGC is a collective of Asian US ladies in new york who’re passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and culture to impact change that is progressive. We’re a donor-advised investment at the Ms. Foundation for females, which distributes our funds entirely at our way.
AWGC funds individual music artists and community teams whose tasks subscribe to progressive social and change that is political. Since our founding, we now have awarded and raised over $1 million meant for over 80 tasks.
Our Mission and Goals
We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool resources to fund tasks led by Asian US ladies who utilize their imagination to go hearts, minds and communities become without any fear, bias and injustice.
Our objectives are to:
- Channel more resources into our communities that are local
- Engage more individuals to buy imaginative jobs by as well as our communities
- Shine an authentic limelight on our experiences and stories
- Improve modern social modification
- Enhance the visibility of Asian US ladies doing philanthropic work
- This RFP is open to both 501(c)(3) companies and specific performers
- Artists and collectives which are not 501(c)(3)s must use under a financial sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) company, that they must record to their application while the organization that is applying.
- NOTE: Failure to provide 501(c)(3) documents or even to offer a fiscal sponsor with the exact same will immediately disqualify the program.
- All creative procedures may be considered, including cross-disciplinary work
- Candidates should explain the way they plan to determine and determine effect
- Jobs must:
- Integrate the arts within an essential way
- Highlight women’s leadership and/or role that is central
- Display a deep dedication to a certain community in NYC
- Seldom, we’re going to help a task which has had nationwide effect
- Funds must certanly be put on projects that are specific cannot support the organization’s ongoing programs, operations, money or endowments
- Candidates could be at any phase inside their professions but will need to have a history of developed work that shows their ability to accomplish the project that is proposed handle the funds required
That Which We Do Not Fund
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Gear purchases
- Help to deal with crises that are financial shortfalls
- Solely individual works of creative phrase with small or no social justice effect
- Documentation that is primarily of social occasions
- Shows or personalities that don’t supply a social modification analysis or justice focus that is social
- Pupil productions or tasks related to a qualification system and scholastic credit
All applications are evaluated by AWGC’s Steering Committee which advances a list that is short of. These finalists are then voted on by all donors who possess added to the pool that is grantmaking via ballot. Last grant allocation choices are formulated because of the Steering Committee and presented to your financial sponsor, the Ms. Foundation for females. The Ms. Foundation disburses the funds entirely at our way.
Applications will likely be evaluated because of the AWGC Steering Committee based on:
- The grade of the project concept in terms of social change
- The possibility effect for the task to improve hearts, minds and communities towards equitable social modification
- The artist’s or organization’s strong commitment to a specific community in NYC (noting once again that individuals have actually rarely funded a task who has scope that is national
- The main part of Asian US ladies and girls into the project’s conceptual framework, design and execution
- The artist’s or organization’s ability to perform the task and make use of the grant funds effortlessly
- Notification of Grant Awards would be made by mid-June 2020
- All grantees are going to be expected to submit a narrative and report that is financial the conclusion of this grant 12 months (June 2021)
Simple tips to utilize
This RFP is administered through the funds portal for the Ms. Foundation for females. Applications may be accepted ONLY via this online procedure.
Tax-Exempt Reputation Verification
Please provide a copy of one’s organization’s IRS tax-exempt dedication page. If for example the tax-exempt status is pending or you are using under a financial sponsor, connect a copy of your fiscal sponsor’s many current IRS dedication letter along side a finalized Memorandum of knowing that establishes sponsorship that is fiscal. Please don’t connect a duplicate of the social protection or tax status that is personal. We are able to only accept a 501(c)(3) page from your own company or your financial sponsor’s company.
Work Samples and Supplemental Movie Application
Work samples and supplemental video clip application are optional but motivated. Your projects test should preferably be described as a representation that is current of project’s proposed tasks. ON LINE SAMPLES ARE FAVORED. Mailed examples won’t be returned. Make sure to mark your test aided by the title of the company and task.
Appropriate work examples are:
- Backlink to online video clip, CD or DVD (maximum. Three minutes in size); please add cue instructions and URL (if sharing online test) in narrative above
- Intense copies or pictures or scanned pictures (maximum of 5)
- Penned materials (maximum pages that are 10-12 – we’re going to NOT browse entire scripts, remedies, books etc.
Work examples might be mailed to your address that is following should be gotten by 5 pm EST, Friday, March 13, 2020:
Asian Women Giving Circle
C/o Ms. Foundation for females
12 MetroTech Center, 26 th flooring
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Structure for Proposals
Narrative must follow the format that is following
- Type, make use of font that is 12-point and single-space
- Answer most of the relevant concerns into the purchase detailed
- 10 pages maximum ( not including work sample if relevant)
- Save in PDF format